What would you tell your younger self about St. Jerome’s University? Being an Ambassador is your chance to live that conversation. It’s a serious responsibility – you’ll be a walking, talking advertisement for the values found here.
When high school students and their families arrive for their initial look it will all be up to you:
- To show them more than the buildings
- To communicate the friendship, learning, caring, service, community spirit – and fun!
- To tell your own stories about that hilarious time in the cafeteria, or the crazy birthday bash your roommate organized
- To bring the environment to life so that they can picture themselves here
If you’re mature, energetic, enthusiastic, and affiliated with St. Jerome’s University, whatever your program, you’re invited to apply for this volunteer leadership position. It’s an excellent way to get involved in the community, impart your enthusiasm to visiting students, and foster your professional and personal development. These are just some of the benefits:
- Receive training on all aspects of the University, learn how to conduct effective tours, and find out how to interact and engage with prospective students.
- Enjoy fulfilling encounters with prospective students, their families, and guests of the University.
- Enhance your knowledge and skills in a number of areas:
- Marketing and recruitment
- Open House event planning
- Public speaking
- What’s required?
- Submit an application by the posted deadline.
- Attend the mandatory training and orientation session.
- Work with your Chief Experience Officer to ensure that you’re comfortable in your role.
- Give a successful mock tour before you take on your first prospective students.
- Participate in the Open Houses.
Have you been an Experience Guide in the past and are looking to stay involved at St. Jerome’s University? Applications for Fall 2020 Chief Experience Officers are now closed!
Applications for 2019-2020 Experience Guides are now open! Applications are available here or can be picked up from the Experience Centre in Sweeney Hall.
Applications are now closed for the Fall 2019 term.