access online resources and services via the library catalogue
see which books you have checked out and when they are due
view any outstanding fines
adjust your personal display profile
view and re-run your saved searches
Library patrons have the following borrowing privileges:
- Borrow material from 14 Ontario university libraries using the new easy-to-use academic search tool Omni.
- Request books from University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University, University of Guelph, and the Annex.
- Renew borrowed books indefinitely as long as no one else has requested them. Please note that all borrowers are guaranteed a loan period of 7 days.
For information for specific patron groups and their borrowing privileges please refer to the University of Waterloo library.
- In person - please bring your items to any OMNI library circulation desk
- Renew your books online
- Renewing library materials - by phone 519-888-4600
You won’t be able to renew your books if your library account has been suspended because of fines or overdues.
Course reserves and Interlibrary loan items cannot be renewed.
- Fines are assessed for overdue materials, course reserves, and special loans.
- A fine is not assessed to your account until it is returned to the library.
- You can check what fines you have by logging into your library account.
- The listing of fines will indicate the title, type of fine, or charge, and the amount.
Undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff
- Can place requests in the library catalogue on books and journals which have not been checked out and have them delivered to their preferred pick-up location
- Follow the "Request" link in the catalogue record on the search results page
- Can also request scanned copies of journal articles and book segments found in the library catalogue and have them delivered electronically to their email, as copyright and licensing permit
- Articles: Follow the "Request an article" link in the catalogue record on the search results page
- Book segments/chapters:
Login to your Interlibrary loans (RACER) account
Find a record for your book title and click "Get it"
Click "Scan/Copy" on top of the form
Fill in the "Part Details" and click "Request"
- Requests take one to three business days. You will be notified by email when your items arrive. Up-to-date status reports are also available in your library account.
- Items will be held for six days at the chosen pick-up location.
External borrowers may place requests items in the library catalogue from the Annex, University of Guelph and Wilfrid Laurier University libraries only.
Request item for purchase
If there is an item that is not in the Library at St. Jerome’s University, please do not hesitate to fill out the "Request item for purchase" form! Suggestions will be evaluated by the Librarian according to our Collection Development Policy.