Time: 11:59 PM
Members of the St. Jerome’s University (SJU) community are reminded to submit their online nominations for the university’s annual graduating and continuing student awards by 12 midnight tonight.
Each year nominations are reviewed by an awards committee, who select multiple students to be recognized for their academic excellence and contributions to student life and community-building. Nominations are considered for the following awards:
Graduating Student Awards
- The Zack Ralston Award and University Life Award recognize academic excellence and contributions to student life and community-building at St. Jerome’s University.
- The Community Contribution Award acknowledges contributions to student life and community-building.
Service outside of campus to local, hometown, national, and international communities may also be considered for all of the aforementioned awards.
Continuing Student Awards
- D.R. Letson Community Service Award recognizes voluntary community service beyond campus.
- Todd Earl Spirit Award acknowledges exceptional enthusiasm through passionate engagement in student life.
- SJU Students’ Union Distinguished Leader Award recognizes outstanding student leadership within the SJU community.
- SJU Students’ Union Local Initiative Awards acknowledges a student who has contributed significantly to the local community over the past year.
Recipients receive a plaque with their name on it, and for the two SJU Students' Union awards a gift of $250 also.
To find out more information about the awards or to access the online nomination forms, please visit the Student Awards website page.*
*Students who have been nominated for a Graduating Student Award (Zack Ralston, University Life, Community Contribution) will receive a link to complete a form to create their candidate profile. One completed reference must be named in that profile, who is not the same as the nominator. The completed candidate profile and nomination package must be received by April 9, 2021. Candidates are considered for all eligible awards.