Hiring Range: $56,700 – $62,200
Benefits: Extended health, employee and family assistance program, life insurance, paid sick days and personal days, 3 weeks’ vacation annually
Work Location: On campus, with opportunity for up to 2 days/week remote
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator supports full-cycle recruitment processes and the administration of HR policies, procedures, and programs. They are responsible for ensuring all HR records are kept up to date and for maintaining employee data in HR information systems and employee files. The HR Coordinator is a key member of the HR team providing administrative support and organization to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the department, in support of the strategic objectives of the University.
Why St. Jerome’s University?
At. St. Jerome’s University, we embrace and celebrate the philosophy of educating the whole person – intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our commitment to academic excellence and to the integration of knowledge, research, and experiential learning allows us to inspire learning and discovery not only in our students but also in those with whom we interact. The University’s mission focuses on preparing leaders who are conscious of the diversity, complexity and richness of the human experience and are formed here to contribute thoughtfully, creatively and positively to the common good of society. We foster a respectful, inclusive community that is centered on the well-being of our students, staff, and faculty, and the promotion of the common good, consistent with the ideals of the contemporary Roman Catholic Church.
How will you contribute as the HR Coordinator?
Recruitment & Onboarding (40%)
- Coordinates and supports recruitment processes by posting jobs, reviewing applications, scheduling interviews, performing reference checks, and preparing offers
- Supports hiring managers with interviews, as required
- Maintains organized and complete recruitment records
- Assists with job description updates
- Assists with ensuring inclusive hiring practices
- Works with hiring managers to organize and execute onboarding for new employees
- Conducts new employee HR orientation
- Responsible for coordinating or completing all new hire administrative setup, including HRIS setup, mailbox setup, business card ordering, IT equipment coordination, office setup coordination etc.
- Maintains HRIS and keeps confidential employee files up to date and accurate
- Maintains electronic and paper-based filing systems
- Maintains and updates all HR records and process documentation
- Maintains records for employee service milestone program and coordinates gift selection
- Updates and posts organizational charts on website
- Responds to general HR employee inquiries
- Assists with processing benefit changes and responding to benefit-related employee inquiries
- Serves as secretary of committees and working groups, as needed
- Keeps up to date on latest HR trends, best practices, and ensure compliance with employment related laws/practices
- Supports the planning and execution of employee recognition and training events
- Assists with the preparation of university-wide HR communications
- Supports policy development and updates, as required
- Identifies ways to streamline HR processes and procedures and implements improvements
- Assists with ad-hoc projects, as required
- Other duties as assigned
As a successful HR Coordinator, you have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in human resources or related field
- 2+ years of Human Resources experience required
- Recruitment experience strongly preferred
- CHRP designation an asset (or in progress)
- Strong knowledge of provincial employment legislation required
- Understanding of HR best practices
- Proficient using office technology (Microsoft Office preferred) and HRIS (ADP and Workday experience preferred)
- Exposure to labour relations and collective agreements an asset
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Exercises diplomacy, tact, and confidentiality
- Demonstrates good judgment and discretion
The Way We Work & Live
Employees have opportunities to participate in our community, work within cross-organizational teams, demonstrate their commitment to learning and development, and contribute to the University’s mission. As a federated university with the University of Waterloo, St. Jerome’s University employees, just like our students, enjoy the advantages of a small community while have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the greater community.
St. Jerome’s University is located on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. Our University is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometres on each side of the Grand River. We give thanks for the privilege to work and live on this land, and we are committed to building respectful relationships with Indigenous people and communities, to enhance our knowledge, and learn how we can have an active role in reconciliation.
To Apply: Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, March 26, 2023, Attention: Michelle Watson, Director, Human Resources
The University respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged.