If you are a new or returning student to St. Jerome’s University, we welcome you to a different world of learning created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our staff and faculty are committed to providing you with a safe and positive learning environment, in what we recognize are challenging circumstances. Together we are all adjusting to being away from campus and learning remotely.
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, our Return to Campus Committee is working within the guidelines set out by the Ontario Government, Community Public Health, and the University of Waterloo, to ensure a safe return takes place at the right time.
As a community we share a responsibility. To protect each other. To keep campus safe and comply with protocols in place. To reach out to use resources when days are challenging. We may be remote, but our team is close online. Please connect if you need us.
We hope that the quick links below will help support your success this term and to remain encouraged as we move through this challenging time together.
Interim Vice President Academic and Dean
Your Health. Our Priority.
- A COVID-19 Testing Assessment Centre is available for UW students, postdocs, employees, and their families, in the University of Waterloo Health Services (located across from SJU's Academic Centre). Testing is available by appointment only. Please book an appointment to be tested if you are showing COVID-19 symptoms, OR if a public health unit or the COVID Alert app notifies you that you have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus. Learn more at Campus Wellness.
- NEW - University of Waterloo COVID-19 Hotline - 1-833-UW-COV19 (1-833-892-6819), for support if you test positive for COVID-19, experience symptoms, or think you may need to quarantine or get tested.
- Campus Access Map—Navigate campus and access restricted buildings using directional pathways.
- Contact tracing on campus—WatSafe, COVID-19 self-assessment tool, and checking in before you come to campus.
- Living in Residence—Residence Policies Handbook, and the COVID-19 Information, Guideline, and Agreement
- Warriors Protect Warriors - A message from the University of Waterloo's Director of Safety to all students living in residence, about their role in preventing an outbreak on campus.
- Wellness Resources
- Food services on campus are provided by Dana Hospitality for students living in residence. For a complete listing of University of Waterloo food outlets available please visit https://uwaterloo.ca/food-services/locations-and-hours
- Student Affairs - Supporting your success with course advising, wellness counselling, and peer-to-peer support.
- Library Services - The library is closed with no access to the physical collection. Online resources are available at www.lib.uwaterloo.ca. Library staff are monitoring the email@example.com email, between 9:00a.m. and 4:30p.m., Monday to Friday.
- SJU Students’ Union - clubs, programming, and resource guide
- University of Waterloo - https://uwaterloo.ca/coronavirus/return-campus
- University of Waterloo - Guidelines for addressing COVID-19 violations
University of Waterloo Student/Employee COVID-19 Hotline - 1-833-UW-COV19 (1-833-892-6819)