The Reception and Conference Services Assistant is the first point of contact at the main reception desk for all inquiries from students, staff, faculty, and visitors. The Reception and Conference Services Assistant receives calls, responds to general email inquiries, and greets and directs guests as required. The Reception and Conference Services Assistant supports the university’s summer conference program through scheduling, room booking and preparation, coordination of services (catering and cleaning), quote preparation, invoicing and billing, and payment collection.
Why St. Jerome’s University?
At. St. Jerome’s University, we embrace and celebrate the philosophy of educating the whole person – intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our commitment to academic excellence and to the integration of knowledge, research, and experiential learning allows us to inspire learning and discovery not only in our students but also in those with whom we interact. We foster a respectful, inclusive community that is centered on the well-being of our students and the promotion of the common good, consistent with the ideals of the contemporary Roman Catholic Church.
How will you contribute as the Reception and Conference Services Assistant?
- First point of contact for walk-in inquiries from a variety of internal and external community members
- Greet guests and responds to general inquiries
- Receive and redirect incoming calls and email inquiries
- Prepare, coordinate, and track courier deliveries and pickups
- Process and track debit and credit card payments for a variety of services
- Provide support for guest parking, including issuing guest parking passes or providing access to main lot
- Provide customer service support for conference guests, responding to all inquiries and requests
- Assist Business Development Manager in coordinating summer conference schedule
- Assist in the maintenance of client files and contracts
- Prepare quotes and respond to general booking inquiries
- Schedule room bookings and coordinate cleaning and catering services
- Assists with conference operations improvement projects, including the development of policies and procedures
- Provides conference website content support
- Assist with fob access and creation for community and conference guests
As a successful Reception and Conference Services Assistant, you possess:
- College certification (1 year) in related field
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and address issues in the moment
- Ability to deal calmly, courteously, and effectively with people while maintaining diplomacy and tact
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, and general web browser applications
The Way We Work & Live
Employees have opportunities to participate in our community, work within cross-organizational teams, demonstrate their commitment to learning and development, and contribute to the University’s mission. As a federated university with the University of Waterloo, St. Jerome’s University employees, just like our students, enjoy the advantages of a small community while have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the greater community.
St. Jerome’s University is located on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. Our University is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometres on each side of the Grand River. We give thanks for the privilege to work and live on this land, and we are committed to building respectful relationships with Indigenous people and communities, to enhance our knowledge, and learn how we can have an active role in reconciliation.
To Apply: Please send your application to email@example.com by Sunday, August 14, 2022, Attention: Melissa Carvalhal, Business Development Manager
The University respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged.