The Manager, Outreach and Recruitment is accountable to the Registrar for specific responsibilities within the areas of the secondary school liaison program, outreach, recruitment, and admissions. The Manager, Outreach and Recruitment provides a public face for St. Jerome’s and the University of Waterloo with respect to outreach initiatives, partnerships, academic programs, admissions, and student life. They are responsible for the development of strategies around the representation of St. Jerome’s and Waterloo to prospective students and stakeholders.
Why St. Jerome’s University?
At. St. Jerome’s University, we embrace and celebrate the philosophy of educating the whole person – intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our commitment to academic excellence and to the integration of knowledge, research, and experiential learning allows us to inspire learning and discovery not only in our students but also in those with whom we interact. We foster a respectful, inclusive community that is centered on the well-being of our students and the promotion of the common good, consistent with the ideals of the contemporary Roman Catholic Church.
How will you contribute as the Manager, Outreach and Recruitment?
- Hire, train and supervise outreach and recruitment staff
- Develop, implement, manage, evaluate, and enhance the strategic marketing, outreach and recruitment plans to support enrolment targets
- Ensure the effectiveness of all strategic print and digital communications related to undergraduate prospective students and influencers
- Research, analyze, and apply current and historical enrolment data in combination with demographics to determine trends, future opportunities, and inform strategy
- Maintain a strong understanding of the SJU target student audience and the generational characteristics and needs of that demographic group
- Develop and manage relationships with our identified key stakeholders
- Coordinate the recruitment program and joint initiatives with the University of Waterloo will be a point of contact for prospective students and influencers
- Develop, manage, and oversee a liaison plan for travel to strategically selected high schools, incorporating evidence-based decisions and an accountability framework for measuring success
- Work in collaboration with various campus partners including, academic departments, campus ministry, advancement, student affairs, and the SJU business and conference office with outreach initiatives, planning, and execution
As a successful Manager, Outreach and Recruitment, you possess:
- Undergraduate degree required
- 3+ years of student recruitment experience
- Supervisory experience required
- Experience working in a university environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, and presentation skills
- Previous experience managing a project-based budget is an asset
- Must have a valid G driver’s license and a clean driving abstract
- Must be able to obtain a Vulnerable Sector background check
The Way We Work & Live
Employees have opportunities to participate in our community, work within cross-organizational teams, demonstrate their commitment to learning and development, and contribute to the University’s mission. As a federated university with the University of Waterloo, St. Jerome’s University employees, just like our students, enjoy the advantages of a small community while have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the greater community.
St. Jerome’s University is located on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. Our University is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometres on each side of the Grand River. We give thanks for the privilege to work and live on this land, and we are committed to building respectful relationships with Indigenous people and communities, to enhance our knowledge, and learn how we can have an active role in reconciliation.
To Apply: Please send your application to email@example.com by Thursday, August 18, 2022, Attention: Serena Catania, Registrar
The University respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged.